The LinearVision Viewer (LV Viewer) is an unrivalled, digital video and image viewer, that enables users to instantaneously view geo-positioned and indexed imaging, linked to the attributes and assets users require, at the click of a mouse.
As a desktop management tool, the LinearVision Viewer can easily be integrated into any existing GIS or mapping platform (such as ESRI, Intergraph, AutoCAD, GE Smallworld, or PLS-CADD) - providing users with a powerful, user-friendly tool that can be used be used throughout your enterprise or in the field to plan, coordinate, and manage your assets efficiently and effectively.
LinearVision Video Manager
Keeping track of how right-of-way (ROW) corridors change over time is an important tool to minimize litigation, monitor and predict vegetation growth and to show compliance with federal ROW standards
The “multi-year switch” option of the LinearVision Video Manager allows the user to view how the ROW has changed – a few clicks of the mouse and the user can instantly view the same geographic location as it looked 1 year ago, 3 years ago, or whenever a previous flight took place. The LinearVision Video Manager allows this without having to manually search through hours of video to find the correct location.
Integration into Existing GIS
While the LinearVision Viewer can be used as a stand-alone GIS application, its real benefits come through linking to you existing GIS. You can retain any existing legacy mapping in your GIS and simply link the LinearVision Viewer images to it, enabling a visual reference to appear in a separate window with your existing map references. In addition, the “Moving Map” feature provides a reference that moves through your GIS map application as the video plays, indicating where the video was filmed.
More than Just a Video Player
More than just a video player, the LinearVision Viewer provides a complete data capture and visualization tool. Features include:
- The ability to switch the viewing angle from oblique to survey mode at any location, allowing multiple perspectives on any feature
- Videos are indexes at set points along the corridor, or at all client assets, allowing for the ability to open a high-resolution image for a more detailed view
- Indexed points display information about the asset that is being viewed – information is provided by the client or pre-populated
- The ability to move the video frame by frame for a detailed view, or move a user-defined number of frames for a quick scan of the area
- Multiple video playback speeds
- The ability to quickly cut and export smaller sections of video for easy distribution to other users
- The unique LinearVision Video Manager for dealing with historical video data
Product Sheet: Asset Mapping & GIS Development