Accurate, engineering grade 3D survey data in the form of terrain models and digital mapping is essential input for planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of infrastructure projects worldwide. GeoDigital International’s fleet, one of the largest in North America, of airborne and terrestrial LiDAR and imaging data collection platforms insures that we can meet the needs of even the most demanding customers and projects.
Traditionally the planning and design of infrastructure projects have utilized conventional field surveying and photogrammetric mapping techniques. With the emergence of LiDAR, these methods have proven to be inefficient and costly. LiDAR can be collected under a much wider range of environmental conditions, providing a greater window of collection opportunity and schedule flexibility. When the safety of ground survey crews is considered the use of mobile LiDAR can significantly reduce the overall risk in an infrastructure project.
From feasibility studies, to corridor analysis, environmental permitting, site selection, design/build, construction monitoring, as-builts – you name it, GeoDigital has the experience and the data collection platform to support your infrastructure project across its entire lifecycle. Our goal is to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with our customers. We want to be your digital survey data and delivery partner.
- Reduce project risk (schedule, cost and safety)
- Improved schedule (rapid project turn around, increased scheduling flexibility)
- Highly cost effective, predictable services
- Improved safety for field crew
- Better data = higher confidence during construction
- Select from wide variety of deliverables available – from point clouds to 2D maps and complex 3D models
- LiDAR and imagery can be fused seamlessly via proprietary software to form survey grade maps and allow precise measurements (virtual survey technology)
- Ability to select airborne or vehicle - based LiDAR data acquisition
- State-of-the-art feature extraction and modeling
- Identification and location of all changes along project ROWs with automated change detection
- Instant enterprise wide access to critical survey and business data to support key business decisions
- Map based web browser provides intuitive access
- Business information including LiDAR data, images, planimetrics, reports, are easily accessed
- Secure server environment protects data while relieving local IT department of data management headaches.
Services and Deliverables
- Virtual Survey Technology – bring the field to the desktop
- Digital elevation models and contour maps
- Detailed survey grade thematic mapping
- Digital orthophoto and oblique imagery
- 3D modeling and visualizations
- Vegetation mapping
- Hydrologic analysis
- Volumetric surveys
- Comparative data sets to monitor encroachment or erosion issues over time
- Documentation of as-found and as-built conditions
- Unique map based web browser