Airport planners, engineers, contractors and facility managers require accurate, up-to-date mapping information in order to safely design, build, operate and maintain these critical transportation hubs and defense installations. In order to comply with national as well as international civil aviation mandates concerning the use of Performance-Based-Navigation instrument procedures, detailed terrain and obstacle databases are required. GeoDigital provides 3D geospatial databases and related analysis services that meet the needs of all stakeholders, while satisfying the International Civil Aviation Organization’s mapping requirements.
Airport mapping is transitioning from a 2D plan-based, manual record keeping system to a 3D integrated geospatial database that can be intelligently queried and used to more efficiently manage day-to-day operations and future expansion. By working together with our airport customers we can provide the most efficient airborne and/or terrestrial data collection platforms and sensor systems. This results in a 3D georeferenced database that can include imagery, video, highly detailed base maps and digital terrain models as required to support the needs of the project, or operations.
Whether it is a proposed expansion of the terminal, a new runway, obstruction survey, airspace analysis, support for Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) services or improvements to the transportation network, GeoDigital has the resources, experience and expertise to satisfy the most demanding project requirements. Our goal is to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with our customers. We want to be your digital survey information partner.
- LiDAR and imagery can be fused seamlessly via proprietary software to form survey grade maps and allow precise measurements (virtual survey technology)
- Ability to select airborne or vehicle - based LiDAR data acquisition and 3D modeling
- Instant access to survey grade data for any location via our exclusive web access technology
- Identification and location of all changes in a specified area with automated change detection
- Increased scheduling flexibility
- Rapid project turnaround
- Increased safety for field crews
- State-of-the-art feature extraction and modeling
- Highly cost effective, predictable services
Services and Deliverables
- Virtual Survey Technology
- Digital elevation models
- Detailed, high accuracy base -mapping
- Digital orthophoto imagery
- 3D modeling and visualizations
- Obstruction mapping
- Airspace analysis for runways
- Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) Services
- GIS database development
- Mapping for Airport Layout Plans(ALPs)
- Comparative data sets to monitor encroachment or erosion issues over time